Cook time: 40 minutes
Total prep time: 1 hour
1 small spaghetti squash
1 carrot (julienned)
½ md red bell pepper (julienned)
1 C bean sprouts
1 C snap peas (blanched)
1 Lb. chicken breast sliced thinly (optional – substitute for your protein choice)
1 large garlic clove (chopped fine)
2 Tbs. Tamari
2 Tbs. Peanut butter (can use any nut butter of your choice)
2 Tbs. Avocado oil (can use olive oil, melted coconut oil, or ghee as well)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (or to your liking)
2 Tbs. cilantro (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
Chopped Peanuts (optional)
Coarse Kosher salt (to taste)
- Poke spaghetti squash (5-8 times)with a knife or skewer and bake on a cookie sheet for 40 min at 425*. It is finished when you can easily slice with a knife.
- Sautee chicken slices in 2 Tbs. oil of your choice (we use avocado) until slightly browned.
- Chop all vegetables.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon remove the seeds like you would with a pumpkin. After the seeds are removed, swirl a fork around in the squash to create “noodles”.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl layer your ingredients. Start with your squash “noodles”, add snap peas, red bell pepper, carrots, bean sprouts.
- In a separate smaller bowl mix your sauce ingredients. You can add more tamari or avocado oil if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add the sauce to your veggie bowl and lightly toss to cover all the veggies.
- Serve in a shallow bowl or plate – top with chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
- Garnish with lime wedges.