According to surveys and polls, the top 3 New Year’s goals are to: eat healthier, lose weight, and save more money. University of Scranton researchers found that 92% of those resolution setters quit and, according to an online social network for athletes monitoring 31.5 million activities, January 12th is the magic day to abandon those resolutions.
Let’s get to the root cause by asking “why”? More than likely, the resolutions being set are totally unrealistic. People try to implement too many changes at once, they can’t keep up, and they get discouraged. Studies show it can take 21 days to create a habit or to implement change if done consistently. Just 3 weeks of consistently performing a new healthy behavior creates a new healthy habit. But how do we get our clients and patients to be consistent for 3 weeks?
- Encourage them to write down their overall goals – writing down goals and visualizing them helps them to become a reality.
- Break down the overall goals by quarter and then by month. By doing this you have a full year coaching plan for each client that they have created! Hold them accountable on each visit and have them rate their performance on their goals and have them decide what they can do to improve.
- Create a closed Facebook group to support your team of clients and patients. This helps them support each other as well. In this day and age, social proof with a sweaty selfie is high on the positive reinforcement scale.
For many, weight management is a struggle due to poor eating habits, negative self-talk, or even childhood programming. Maintaining a healthy weight is so important to all aspects of health we want to give your clients every opportunity to succeed with this resolution. Start by changing the mindset around food and weight. The idea of “losing something” suggests that you are open to finding it again at some point. But we all know that no one wants to find that unhealthy weight again. So, change the mindset by changing the vocabulary. Instead of “losing weight” you’re going to “achieve your body’s ideal weight”. Change the mindset around food choices too. Instead of saying, “I can’t have that” or “that’s not on my list” try saying: “I don’t care for that” or “that’s not working for me”. Change the vocabulary to empower the client that they are making these choices to be healthier.
Download Joy in Living: The Alkaline Way, to offer your clients a resource guide for achieving their healthy weight goals by turning these healthful PERQUE products and Alkaline Way lifestyle into habits.
One foundational principle of the Alkaline Way is to eat what you can digest, assimilate, and eliminate without immune burden. Delayed hypersensitivities (AKA delayed allergies) burden the immune system. An overburdened immune system does not function as it should to defend and repair the body. Delayed hypersensitivities also contribute to excess cellular acid. When our bodies are in a more acidic state, they are weaker and more vulnerable to disease. First morning urine pH testing is a convenient and inexpensive way to monitor cellular acid-alkaline balance.
The lymphocyte response assay (LRA), developed by PERQUE Integrative Health founder, Dr. Russell Jaffe, is a revolutionary blood test that identifies hidden immune triggers by looking directly at lymphocytes, the body’s long-lived, memory-carrying white blood cells, as they are exposed to common foods and chemicals. LRA testing is the only method that looks directly at the patient’s lymphocytes under a microscope and under conditions similar to the body (ex-vivo). It is this advance that makes LRA tests uniquely comprehensive and specific in identifying hidden immune burdens. Combined with the optional alkaline rotation diet and Health Assessment Questionnaire (HAQ) interpretation, the LRA is the first step in living the Alkaline Way. Learn more about LRA testing here.
As part of the LRA program or done by itself, the HAQ interpretation provides a complete personalized supplement program. When weight management is an objective, these PERQUE products will be included along with the foundational nutrients.
Glucose Regulation Guard Forte™
- Formulated with corosolic acid, a powerful herbal extract and antioxidant proven to improve insulin function.
- Sustainably and safely lowers weight, increases energy, and improves lean body mass.
- Regulates blood glucose levels by naturally enhancing glucose transport activity.
Adreno Distress Guard™
- Unique adrenal support combination micellized with healthy fats for superior bioavailability.
- Supports healthy weight management and sustains restorative sleep, memory and energy balance.
- Proven better stress hormone resilience & balance.
MDP Plus Guard™
- Formulated with GABA, a neurotransmitter that keeps the gut nervous system calmer through prevention of nerve irritability commonly associated with active fat burning.
- Helps burn fat & fat-soluble toxins for better weight management and healthier heart muscle.
- Healthier carnitine levels for efficient fat metabolism, superior cellular health and improved detox.
Eating the Alkaline Way is obviously more than just eating immune tolerant foods. Selecting foods that don’t contribute excess net acid is the key to becoming and staying alkaline. But which foods do, and which don’t? Arriving at the answer requires complicated calculations based on nutrient characteristics and in-depth knowledge of metabolism. The Alkaline Way Food Effects chart makes it easy to pick the alkaline-forming foods. Click here for the Alkaline Food Chart.
Eating the Alkaline Way does not mean giving up yumminess. Just check out the collection of Alkaline Way recipes included in the guide book and on our website. Here is one of our favorites:
An ancient grain of the Incas, quinoa is hugely popular all over the world today. It is rich in fiber, a complete protein (rare for a plant) and a storehouse of nutrients like iron, magnesium, lysine and riboflavin. Since it is chewier than other grains, it creates a sense of fullness that can often help with weight loss. Additionally, it appeals to all given that it’s gluten free.
Click here to learn more about this complex grain and for a delicious quinoa & berry recipe!
For more information about the LRA tests, PERQUE products, or any of the Alkaline Way lifestyle suggestions here, please contact our customer service team.
PERQUE: 800-525-7372 or bye-mail email@example.com.
ELISA/ACT Biotechnologies: 800.553.5472 or by e-mail at clientservices@ELISAACT.com