By Katherine Jones
Ginger root, or ginger, is praised for being one of the healthiest spices in the world. Ginger can aid digestion by reducing nausea and vomiting and can promote repair via its anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is also one of Nature’s Alkaline Way GGOBE foods, and should be used as a staple, rather than a condiment!
This refreshing Ginger Beer Bitters Mocktail with Blueberries recipe is delicious and features a new, unreleased product: PERQUE DigestivAide™ herbal bitters. This unique combination of bitter herbs angelica, burdock, dandelion, fennel, yellow dock, and ginger stimulates and optimizes the entire digestive process. Cocktails (or in this case, mocktails) with bitters are traditionally served as aperitifs, to whet your appetite before a meal.
Not only is this delicious Ginger Beer Bitters Mocktail a refreshing drink after a long, hot summer day, but it’s also a great pre-meal libation.
What you need:
- ½ fresh lime
- 5-8 blueberries, fresh (or more to taste)
- 2-3 leaves of fresh mint
- 2 dashes of PERQUE DigestivAide™ herbal bitters
- 6 ounces of ginger beer (Consider sparking mineral water as a source of minerals and sparkle.)
- Juice the fresh lime into your serving glass.
- Add blueberries and mint leaves to your glass.
- Use a muddler to mash the berries and mint until the berries are broken.
- Add ice to glass and fill with ginger beer and/or sparkling water.
- Garnish with mint, blueberries, and lime slice.
Modified from Chef Kim of Limoncello Kitchen (January 2022).